Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Wedding Photographer Wedding

If you were a wedding photographer, how would you feel about being approached by a wedding photographer to do their wedding? Maybe we'd have a nervous photographer instead of a nervous bride!

It's an experience I had recently, and it was fantastic. The preliminary interview and planning were constructive and fruitful: the bride knew exactly what she wanted, of course; even if she was now on the other side of the lens, Jennie was still a wedding professional, and even more so, because being confident that I understood her wishes, she was able to relax, forget about photography and just be a bride... almost: I was quite amused when she told me she would be watching how I went about the task to see what she could adapt to her wedding photography. Naturally, I told her that if she noticed me at all, her mind was in the wong place!

We had a great day, a wonderful ceremony and a great shoot at the resort near Luddenham (NSW Australia). Jennie and Ben were such a pleasure to work with, and the photographs are magical... which is just as well, because her dad is a prize-winning photographer, and her mum a very acomplished camera-woman too; people who know the difference between style and substance! Sometimes you can't afford to get it wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment