Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas and New Year - the Engagement Season

It's true - there are more people celebrating engagements this week than at any other time of the year - except possibly Valentine's Day.

What a Christmas present, what a New Years Resolution! And what a busy time for us wedding photographers... although it is often a question of having the confidence  to say "no" and wait for the Right couple.


I generally do not accept any commissions over the Christmas/New Year period. My children come home for those weeks and it's "family time" for Jean and me... so I have time to think through the requests and referrals that start to flow in. Some are obvious starters: the sister of a young man whose wedding I photographed in 2009 - She was a lovely Maid and I could never say "no" to her. And a bride who is planning to hike into the mountains after the ceremony for her Location Photos, even though it means getting changed in a bush clearing: that  appeals to me.



Others are less obvious; locations like the beautiful Eschol Park House are always a draw (my Wife's favourite venue) and we will probably accept the request for that, although it is a budget photo package.

An enquiry from a keen scrap booker who wants to do her own album is tempting, just to see what she does with out images - the others, well I'll just have to wait until I meet the prospective clients; how we get on together really makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment